Convert OST to Windows Live Mail :- OST is a file format used by Windows Outlook, which is an email client by Microsoft. Windows Live Mail is an email client by Microsoft too; but it it can export / import EML file (*.eml).
Convert OST to Windows Live Mail (*.eml)
One would think, then, that if both clients are built by Microsoft and are very similar, there must be some convenient solution to migrate data across them. But sadly, it’s not so. There’s no common data file that can be shared with another, and there’s no official feature to import/export internally since they both are from different operating systems.
So, you will have to rely on other solutions, mostly from third-parties. Which wouldn’t be such a bad thing, except the large number of these third-party solutions don’t work exactly as you’d expect them to. They are too weak to process the complex information OST files can contain. So, what you get in the end is Windows Live Mail files with partially converted data.
Good news is that this article wasn’t written just to talk about the shortcomings of these tools or how hard converting OST to Windows Live Mail is. The text that follows now will talk about one of the most efficient method/tool you can get your hands on to move Outlook OST data to Windows Live Mail.
Tool to Convert OST to Windows Live Mail
It’s called “OST Extractor Pro” and is from USL Software. The tool’s greatest ability is to pick every item from the files, no matter how small or large. You will never face any sort of missing information from the Windows Live Mail files that are given as the output. Just import those files back to the Windows Live Mail email client using the in-built Windows Live Mail import feature, and you will good to go.
Keep in mind that “OST Extractor Pro” can also convert OST format to many other formats, not just Windows Live Mail (EML), like Apple Mail, Thunderbird, Postbox, MBOX, and PST format. However, we are focused only on OST to Windows Live Mail for this post.
The Key Features
Some of other features the tool has to offer that makes it simple the best as compared to all other tools are:
- It can handle large OST files with ease.
- Not just large, but multiple OST files too. Just select the folder containing the OST files and it will convert them all together.
- You can manually remove any folders from the output that you want. Gives you an option to remove folders that are not longer necessary to have in Windows Live Mail
- One-click button to remove all empty folders
- 24 x 7 tech support of USL Software that is friendly, quick to respond, and expert on email migration tasks.
Free to convert OST to Windows Live Mail
Get a free trial version of “OST Extractor Pro”. It not only gives slight improvement over other similar email file converters, but is actually a whole new solution that was built from the inside-out for both experts and beginners.
How to convert OST to Windows Live Mail
- Launch ‘OST Extractor Pro‘.
- Click on “Add OST“.
- Select OST file (*.ost) and click on “Open“.
- Optional Settings:
- Ignore Empty Folders.
- Manually select folder for conversion.
- Select output format as “EML file (*.eml, *.ics, *.vcf)” for Windows Live Mail.
- Then, click on “Convert“. That’s all.
To convert ost to Windows Live Mail, get OST Extractor Pro today.