Both PST and OST files are native to Windows Outlook but are used for different purposes. PST is a more personal Outlook file that you can use for importing, exporting, backing up data, etc. But OST is an internal file that works in direct way with Outlook’s internal functionality. It stores data but you cannot use it manually.
There are many cases where you can find the file isolated. In other words, it cannot communicate with the servers, leaving the data stuck with the file itself.
The other aspect of this article is the PST file too. Even though you can manually use it in Outlook, both Mac and Windows, the file format is pretty much useless when it comes to other clients like Mac Mail, Thunderbird, or other primarily Mac based clients.
PST/OST to MBOX Conversion
Today we are going to look into OST and PST to MBOX converters that can help you get through this task easily.
There are many such tools, but the ones that can actually work without giving any errors are few.
Then there are other drawbacks generic converters come with. They can make the task much more difficult and unnecessarily complex than it needs to be.
- Terrible UIs that confuse users
- Data loss risks
- Slow conversion rates (huge problem for large OST/PST files)
- No tech support to aid you through your uniquely complicated cases (especially in business environment)
- No options to customize the results
PST/OST to MBOX Converter Tools
They are developed with careful details and an appetite for perfection. There is not a single missed note; everything you need to convert OST/PST files to MBOX is featured with these tools.
PST Extractor Pro is only available for Mac, while OST Extractor Pro is available for both MacOS and Windows. Other than that, they similar software tools with different file formats as inputs for converting.
They completely convert the data with all the details preserved. And the list above about the problems with ordinary tools is not applicable here. Both tools have simple interfaces, there is no risk to data loss, they work quickly without wasting your time, there is tech support, and the tools give essential options for you to customize the result as you need.
Here are some of the other notable features, applicable to both:
- convert your files (OST/PST) to more than just MBOX format. Other options available for Output formats are: Mac Mail database folder, Thunderbird, Postbox, Entourage, and standard EML Files.
- OST Extractor Pro can also give you PST files; just pick the “PST” format from the list of available formats. On that note, it is important to mention that PST Extractor Pro cannot give you OST files because it is never needed as OST files are useless for any data import.
- You can manually remove any excess or unnecessary folders you do not want to convert, such as old emails, empty folders, etc.
- There is no need for tutorial as the UI is very simple and self-explanatory. Just load the files, unclick folders you do not want to convert, and hit “Start” to being the conversion process.
- Tech support is available to take your questions or take you out of any complex scenario unique to you at all time, day or night.
Free Trial to Convert PST/OST to MBOX
For more information, just download the free trial below and use it directly.
No better way to get information about how it works in action.
OST Extractor Pro – https://www.ostextractorpro.com/
PST Extractor Pro – https://www.pstextractorpro.com/