Google MBOX to PST converter helps you to convert Google Takeout data (Exported data from Gmail) to MS Outlook supported PST file format. Read it to know more.
The world of email data files is still a little behind in terms of standardization. If you have an email data file, the chances that you will be able to open it with all email software are slim. It is not similar to a generic audio-media file that any audio player can open, in both computer and smartphones. Email file called MBOX is sort of a commonly used file in various programs, but it too doesn’t work in all applications. PST, on the other hand, only works on Windows and Mac Outlook and is a proprietary file format by Microsoft.
One popular source from which you get MBOX file is through Google. Google Takeout is a feature where you can download the data from its services into a local file for backup. This is usually done when someone needs to close their Google account but do not want to lose all the data. But you can also do it just for backup purposes.
The file you download depends on the kind of data you are archiving. For example, Google contacts are archived into vCard format, Google Chat (Hangout) history is archived into JSON file, Gmail settings is saved into JSON file, and Gmail messages are saved and archived into MBOX file.
But if you are a Windows Outlook user, this MBOX file isn’t of much use because you cannot open it using Windows Outlook. It also won’t work in Mac Outlook. To access your Gmail archived data saved in MBOX using Outlook, you need to do go through extra steps.
One of the manual methods is to use Thunderbird email client, which you can download for free and is an excellent email client as well. First step would be to import MBOX in Thunderbird, then sync the same data to an email account, then add that account in Outlook, and sync back the data from email server to local Outlook database. But you have noticed that this method doesn’t serve your needs in a very efficient way. The data was already in an email account/server (Gmail), so to use Thunderbird as an intermediary doesn’t make much sense. It may work for those who have terminated their Gmail account, so they can’t access the data anymore directly. But if you have an active Gmail account for which you got the archived MBOX file, you would need a more efficient way to import it in Outlook.
The Google MBOX to PST Converter
This is where a third-party Google MBOX to PST converter would come in handy. There are several, but only “Mail Extractor Pro” gets the job done with data safety and speed. You just load the files on to the tool and then convert then click “convert” convert it to PST. PST is a native file for Windows Outlook, so importing it in Outlook will be a straightforward task.
Converting your Google MBOX files to PST also adds an advantage of being able to import your data in Mac Outlook as well, if you ever need to. PST may be a native Windows Outlook file, but Mac Outlook supports data import through PST as well.
“Mail Extractor Pro” is a MacOS tool. It is basically an email migration app that serves more purposes than just MBOX to PST. You can also use it to migrate Apple Mail and Thunderbird to Outlook PST file with simplicity and accuracy. One of the most important aspects of this application is the accuracy with which it handles the data and processes it. You will never find any missing component or any sort of unwanted modification. The tool even keeps all the folder hierarchy intact.
The reasons “Mail Extractor Pro” is quite a distinct Google MBOX to PST converter tool from other similar ones are many. It is simple to use, it has Unicode text conversion support, it keeps the headers and metadata safe, it maps the folders with original configuration, it is quick, and so on. Developed by USL Software, the tool never fails in delivering consistent data conversion results securely and comfortably. Even a complete beginner with no such experience of dealing with data files can pick it up without any preparation or without racking his or her brain trying to make sense of long complex tutorials, which is unfortunately how so many other Google MBOX to PST converter work.
The steps are simple here:
- Launch the Google MBOX to PST converter tool after installing it like a regular software tool
- Click on “Load” next to the MBOX option
- Browse to the Google MBOX file wherever you saved it
- Check if all the folders you want to convert to PST are selected. You have the option to skip and exclude certain folders that may be unnecessary to migrate to Outlook. You can also use the ‘Ignore all empty folders’ to skip such folders altogether.
- PST splitter is also a convenient way to stop the output files from getting too large, as large files may impact Outlook performance. It is not recommended to keep this field zero, as this may generate a very large and single PST file, depending on the original Google MBOX Files.
- Once the conversion is finished, you can import the converted PST in both Mac and/or Windows Outlook without issues.
- In Windows Outlook, go to File –> Open and Export –> Import/Export –> Import from a Program or file –> Select “Outlook data file” –> Browse to the PST files and select them –> Choose the folder inside Outlook client to import the data from PST to –> Select the desired option on how to deal with the duplicate items –> Ensure that “include subfolders” is checked, otherwise the import process will only consider the parent folders and their contents, not the sub-folders inside –> Finally, click ‘Finish.’
- On Mac Outlook, just go to File menu and select “import” and follow almost the similar steps as in Windows Outlook.
Try this Google MBOX to PST Converter Tool
Get it here: https://www.mailextractorpro.com
You can pick up a free trial if you want to see it working in action directly. Get through all the features in a free evaluation mode, see how easy the interface is, and test its accuracy with your personal MBOX files. You won’t be disappointed. The trial version works on ten emails per folder.
If you are looking for Google MBOX to PST converter, then try it today.