How to import OST to EMLX files? If you have been asking, you might have come across many weird and eccentric answers. Both files store email data but there are no other similarities between them. Also, the email clients these formats are associated with, Outlook Windows and Mac Mail respectively, are also for different platforms.
How to Import OST to EMLX
That is why, converting OST to EMLX can be rough as there are not many tools available that can get you to the end point seamlessly without any friction in between.
If you are not willing to go through the same phase of frustration that traditional OST to EMLX conversion approach often does not avoid, we suggest taking a different route.
1. A Different Solution to Migrate Your Data
Here is the strikingly simple and elegant solution that does not make you go through any difficult and strange steps.
OST Extractor Pro is an email migration tool that converts the OST files to many formats, including PST, MBOX, EML, Thunderbird, and Postbox. You might have noticed that there is no EMLX in that list.
So, if OST Extractor Pro does not convert OST to EMLX, why are we suggesting it as the answer for OST to EMLX Conversion problem?
- Firstly, it converts OST to MBOX, and you can import MBOX to Apple Mail and even to Thunderbird.
- Secondly, the tool offers option even better than MBOX. You can choose the direct ‘Mail’ folder as the output.
EMLX is a raw data file, each file for a single email. MBOX is an archived data file that can store everything. But the “Mail” folder is the primary database, where Apple Mail stores everything by default. By simply moving the converted ‘Mail’ folder into Apple Mail client, you skip the unnecessary burden of importing EMLX or even MBOX.
2. OST Extractor Pro – Features
One of the most important features is already covered above (converting OST to Apple Mail ‘Mail’ database directly). Here are some more information you would like to know:
- Clear and plain interface that makes sense right away.
- Algorithms to convert every item from OST files, included but not limited to:
- Media and attachments
- Headers and metadata
- Text formatting
- Images and other graphical information (like graphs, icons, etc.)
- Email addresses
- Nested emails
- Dedicated system for processing your text in Unicode, including in headers. Most converters only handle ASCII correctly (English).
- Exact mapping of folders, so you get every converted folder in the original hierarchy
- considerate about your time and productivity due to speedy conversion rate.
- Packed with essential options and customization (ignore empty folders, manual folder selection, multiple input/output options, etc.)
- In-depth conversion report, detailing the information that you need (like items converted, path, etc.)
- Contacts are converted to VCF and calendar entries to ICS files automatically
- Support OST files from all Outlook versions
3. Trial – Getting to Know it More Before Activation
The free trial works for converting ten emails per folder within OST files.
You can download it here.
One last important aspect of OST Extractor Pro is that it is a cross-platform app, meaning, it can be used by both Mac and Windows users. Get it today and know how to import ost to EMLX file format.